Here are 9 Apps to Make You More Productive:
- Kindle – I like reading eBooks across all of my platforms (iPhone, iPad, and Mac.) The Kindle desktop app allows me to read a few pages on my desktop as a break from my work, and then resume reading on my iPad while on the go.
- Clarify – Clarify is a great app for quickly making instruction documents. It takes screen-grabs, annotates, and exports. I use Clarify whenever I need to document the steps of a task for someone else. Get Clarify via the Mac App Store.
- Crashplan – Crashplan is my cloud backup solution of choice. I have their software installed to not only back up to the cloud, but also to a local storage solution.
- Screenflow – Screenflow is for recording your screen to make demos, webinars, or any other type of screen video. Get Screenflow from the Mac App Store.
- Call Recorder – Call Recorder by Ecamm is a great little plug-in for Skype. It allows you to record regular and video calls. I use it for recording Skype interviews. Get Call Recorder for Skype from Ecamm.
- Found – Found is a great little file finding utility for Mac. It finds your files quickly across many locations including Dropbox. Get Found from the App Store.
- Byword – Byword has returned as my minimalist writing app of choice. It is a bare bones text writing app. Get Byword for Mac or Byword for iOS.
- Ulysses III – Ulysses III is another writing app. If you like cloud-syncing text-based writing apps this may be your cup-of-tea. Get Ulysses 3 from the App store.
- YNAB – I am a recent convert to You Need a Budget! (aka YNAB). I am ready to try SOMETHING. YNAB initially looks impressive. It syncs via the cloud across all my devices and has a wonderful iOS app for capturing expenses on the go. I will warn you, it has an initial steep learning curve, but if you really want to track your personal expenses,YNAB is the way to go.